Sunday, April 19, 2009

Frank Sinatra - Songs for swingin' lovers!



This April-May time is the main season to get closer to this nice album for me, and it's here again! I don't know many Sinatra albums, but as I've listened into samples from other albums on Amazon, I have a feeling about that it's the best Sinatra album (with the well-known song: I've got you under my skin).
The tracks are fresh, happy, and rarely sad. Frank is also happy, and that's the key for the entertaining. I think that one of the most likeable thing in these old swing songs and standards is the lyrics: with word-plays, naive thoughts, and with the simpliest human emotions that a man can feel. I'll qoute some of it from the album, to show you its atmosphere.

You'll find your fortune's falling
All over the town.
Be sure that your umbrella
Is upside down.
(from Pennies from heaven)

Oh, I can't break away,
I must have you everyday,
As regularly as coffee or tea.
You've got me in your clutches and I cant break free,
You're getting to be a habit with me.
(from You're getting to be a habit with me)

You're much - you're too much - and just too "very, very"
To ever be, to ever be in Webster's Dictionary.
And so I'm borrowing a love song from the birds,
To tell you that you're marvelous;
Tell you that you're marvelous;
Tell you that you're marvelous - too marvelous for words.
(from Too marvelous for words)

I've got you under my skin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHLC-EimdAc
an other version of You make me feel so young: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpPF5yG0IHo
We'll be together again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbCIzMGxqzk&feature=PlayList&p=AF697DF42E2D38FC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

You're getting to be a habit with me

No comments:

Post a Comment