Wednesday, July 22, 2009

George Benson concert review



This concert was held in the Budapest SportArena at the 22th of July, and was a part of "The European Tour". Mr. Benson and his band did a great job, a two hours long show, introducing us to the world of smooth jazz. I'm not really interested in this genre, but I liked the concert very much, it matched with my actual mood. There were some expectances by me, for example the song "The ghetto", "Breezin'", or "Summertime/Take five" which are two classic song and I saw it on youtube, in his earlier performance. Unfortunately he didn't played them, but amongst the tracklist there was for example the well-known song "On Broadway", "Give me the night", and a very interesting version of the old jazz standard, "Nature boy" (you can hear it on the album: In flight).

So Mr. Benson - with his thin moustache, with his fascinating singing voice and with his almost singing guitar - proved that he's not only a great musician, but an effective performer, too. He also told us that he spent a lot of money and saw a lot of beautiful girls in Hungary.

A part of this concert:

No comments:

Post a Comment