Tuesday, May 15, 2012

July flame

One of my friends showed me recently this awesome song of Laura Veirs, from the album July flame, and I had to realize, that I missed it. I knew that her new album is Tumble bee, with children songs, but somehow I thought that it is the next album after Saltbreakers.

I listened to the song in our weekend house for the first time and took a great effect on me. Maybe it was one of the thousand reasons for which I started my blog again, because I felt that "It would be cool to write a post about it".

To sum up, it is a very nice song of the well-known Laura Veirs style, nothing less, nothing more, which is an advantage. Since I stopped writing my blog, all of my favourite singer-songwriters have released at least one new album, and unfortunately I have to say that the average quality is less than their earlier records. Later I will share my opinion with you about each album, now let's focus on the titles:
  • Ane Brun - It all starts with one
  • Anna Ternheim - The night visitor
  • Hanne Hukkelberg - Featherbrain
  • Laura Veirs - July flame, Tumble bee
On the other hand, the video for this song is amazing. I like its simplicity and it is full with those  nice things we often dream about: constellations, campfire, nice animals.

Watch the music video here: 

Or read the post about Laura's Saltbreakers and Carbon glacier:

No comments:

Post a Comment