Wednesday, October 6, 2010

If I was president

Staying in Wyclef's word, now I'll show you his new song, If I was president. As everybody could know, Wyclef nominated himself on the prime minister election of Haiti. Then, in the end he changed his mind. On his website we can read:
“After weeks of quiet but painstaking reflection with my wife and daughter, I have chosen to end my bid for the presidency of Haiti,” said Jean. “This was not an easy conclusion to reach; but it is one that was thoughtfully made, taking into account many, many competing factors and weighing the course that will best advance the healing of the country and help it find the quickest path to recovery.”
But the song turned out to be very good. Especially its lyrics took effect on me:

If I was president,

I'd get elected on Friday,
Assassinated on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday,
Then go back to work on Monday...

Hope you'll work for the welfare of Haiti, and make music as well (his new album will come out soon).


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pq_3OheqzU

No comments:

Post a Comment