Friday, November 20, 2009

Camel - Moonmadness



It's always a pleasure when time passes and I get to a post which I have been waiting for for a long time. Now it's one of the best prog rock bands' best album, I think.

Camel has stood very close to my heart since I knew it. They have an interesting and very special talent - maybe just for me - that they can create friendly melodies. This word has already appeared some times in my blog, because it's important for me. When you hear this sort of melody, you feel it somehow friendly, with a good intention and feel that it plays only for you, you are that who can understand it the best.



Camel is an English progressive rock band, but not as well-known as for instance Genesis, Yes, etc., somehow, I don't know why they had a smaller fan group. Somehow they were other as well. Their music and the band is connected with space, by its covers, and the sounding, they used more electronic instruments. But the result is perfect. Moonmadness, their fourth album from 1976 is very nostalgic to me, both because the types of melodies, and because I used to listen to it a lot in my early university years. From faster, energic songs, like Another night, to the one the most beautiful songs for me, the ballad Spirit of the water this album proves again the value of the genre progressive rock, and gets 6 stars from me in the 5 stars-grade. I can't tell you anything more, it's a must-hear-piece! I share you the nicest song on the album, a Song within a song.

The official website:
http://www.camelproductions.com/

Another night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZFclE6Ubk

Spirit of the water:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5M1AizuI9s

Song within a song:


Spirit of the water

See the lights out on the water
Come and go, to and fro
In the time it takes to find them
You can live, you can die
And nothing stops the river as it goes by
Nothing stops the river as it goes.

All alone and all together
Every day, come what may
By the time we find each other
We can live, we can die
And nothing stops the river as it flows by
Nothing stops the river as it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment