Saturday, May 16, 2009

Three jazz radios

I've never listened to webradios until I installed iTunes on my computer. In its Radio menu there are hundreds of radios from all music genres, and in this post I recommend three jazz radios to you, with its Internet-versions, too.

- First, my favourite: Carstairs Kitchen Radio - A mix of old swing, country swing and folk music broadcasting on 88.5 FM from Carstairs Alberta Canada. It's a very calm and good feeling as you hear those old music, with its poor quality, it's perfect at any time of the day. One of the advantages of this channel is that when a music plays, you can see the name of the artist and the title of the song (unfortunately on many radios you can't do it). And can you imagine that the streaming server is usually so full, that you can't connect? I wouldn't, because I thought people today don't want to hear this kind of music... but it seems to be a desire for it. http://www.carstairs.fm/

- The second one's music is very classic, and comes from the well-known bebop and cool jazz times: radioio Standards - This is the sound of pure jazz from the '50s through the mid '70s... I like this radio because there are lots of famous music on it and lots of that kind which I don't know, so I can discover new music. http://www.radioio.com/

- The last one is the most extreme, it's: DI.fm Modern Jazz - The likes of Coltrane, Ornette Coleman, Eric Dolphy, Charles Mingus and many others. The name of the channel tells you everything. Enjoy! www.sky.fm/jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment